Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A terpene with the formula C15H24, or a simple derivative of such a compound.
- ‘The main active constituents are two sesquiterpenes, petasin and isopetasin.’
- ‘He worked for a while on natural products and from 1864 on discovered sesquiterpenes in oil of cloves and other essential oils.’
- ‘We also found four sesquiterpenes, a diterpene, and several unidentified compounds.’
- ‘Correlations among all sesquiterpenes and among all diterpenes were also significant and positive for yellow-cedars (except for one minor diterpene).’
- ‘Methyl farnesoate is a sesquiterpene that is related to the insect juvenile hormone.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.