Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A terpene with the formula C₁₅H₂₄, or a simple derivative of such a compound.
- ‘We also found four sesquiterpenes, a diterpene, and several unidentified compounds.’
- ‘Correlations among all sesquiterpenes and among all diterpenes were also significant and positive for yellow-cedars (except for one minor diterpene).’
- ‘The main active constituents are two sesquiterpenes, petasin and isopetasin.’
- ‘He worked for a while on natural products and from 1864 on discovered sesquiterpenes in oil of cloves and other essential oils.’
- ‘Methyl farnesoate is a sesquiterpene that is related to the insect juvenile hormone.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.