One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The one-hundred-and-fiftieth anniversary of a significant event.‘the year in which both celebrate their sesquicentenaries’
- ‘The sesquicentenary of the Eureka Stockade in Ballarat, Victoria, is due to be commemorated on December 3.’
- ‘That is the challenge confronting this Parliament as it embarks upon its second sesquicentenary.’
- ‘A note from the Department of Posts says that the Cartes Maxim series is also in celebration of the sesquicentenary of India Post.’
- ‘Victoria's sesquicentenary in 1984-85 prompted the controversial memorialisation of conflict between Aborigines and settlers, even on official plaques.’
- ‘Eric Richards edited a volume of social history for the South Australian sesquicentenary in 1986.’
Relating to a sesquicentenary.‘part of the Society's sesquicentenary celebrations’
- ‘Shirley Fitzgerald's Sydney 1842-1992 and shorter books on Chippendale, Surry Hills, Millers Point, and Pyrmont were a major part of Sydney City Council's sesquicentenary celebrations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.