Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The motive element in a servomechanism.
- ‘Unlike similar efforts, Darim uses electronic servomotors instead of hydraulic actuators.’
- ‘The company's multicomponent molds typically use servomotors for mold action, rather than hydraulics, providing an all-electric process.’
- ‘The right wing could only operate at fifty percent, and also had several damaged servomotors, and melted exhaust ports.’
- ‘A two-stage spur gear transmits torque between the servomotor and the plasticizing screw.’
- ‘Another notable transmission development is the addition of servomotors to manual gearboxes to automate clutching and shifting.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.