One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person serving in the armed forces.‘the organization helps service members transition back into civilian life’
- ‘He and another service member used a fire extinguisher to beat back the flames.’
- ‘The legislation authorises essential support for service members and their families.’
- ‘He noted that the military services have a "unique and proud history" of providing the military family a broad support system during service member deployments.’
- ‘From a young age, I have wanted to be a service member.’
- ‘Every service member is entitled to medical care but no member is compelled to receive any health care against his or her will.’
- ‘He dedicated himself to ensuring that service members are given the respect they deserve.’
- ‘Every service member on duty overseas looks forward to the day they'll return home.’
- ‘The White House is scheduled to hold the event tomorrow discussing the need to enhance health care for service members and veterans.’
- ‘The medal is for military service during a time of war or conflict regardless of where the service member served.’
- ‘Over the next few years, more than a million service members will transition back to civilian life.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.