One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in tennis and other racket sports) a game in which a particular player serves.
- ‘With the crowd cheering her, she had game points twice on her next service game, but double-faulted each time.’
- ‘The American saves a break point but seals his first service game with a strong serve.’
- ‘After dropping her opening service game, she rattled off six straight games to steal the first set 6-1 in 27 minutes.’
- ‘My first service game consisted of four double faults.’
- ‘Scott looks to be getting ready for a fifth set as he plays a disastrous service game, double-faulting at break point, 4-1.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.