One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A business agreement between a contractor and customer covering the maintenance and servicing of equipment over a specified period.
- ‘They have an elevator maintenance contract, and an air conditioning and heating service contract together with a fire alarm contract.’
- ‘The Company's customers may terminate most service contracts for a variety of reasons, either immediately or upon notice of a future date.’
- ‘Maintenance and service contracts with those customers currently account for about 60 percent of Baan's revenues.’
- ‘So, it's very difficult to find the same service contract in the next period.’
- ‘The military has extended service contracts for construction equipment and machines are dismantled down to the frame and completely rebuilt, extending their life by two or three times.’
- ‘The MHB have also agreed to provide a service contract for the machine.’
- ‘It is so significant that Ellen Equipment puts the transponders on the equipment at no charge - providing the contractor signs a multiple-year service contract.’
- ‘In that same building, he says, the average service contract cost per year per elevator would be $8,000 to $9,000.’
- ‘‘Our long term goal is to be viewed purely as a high-growth mechanical engineering company with maintenance and service contracts,’ said Lumsden.’
- ‘The company, which was formed in 1975, is also looking at expansion opportunities in Brazil and remains focused on signing long-term maintenance and service contracts with national and international customers.’
- ‘On this note, an easy way to train your operators is to allow them to watch the factory-trained techs performing maintenance tasks while a machine is under a service contract.’
- ‘The landlord had entered into a service contract for the lift with a competent firm of engineers and the lift had recently been serviced.’
- ‘An annual service contract to inspect the heating system could also serve to lower rates.’
- ‘So, just as important as the machine itself is the warranty or service contract that comes with it.’
- ‘When you buy weapons from the United States, do you get a service contract?’
- ‘And it's all covered by the service contract, so I shall not have a nasty bill to pay at the end of the month.’
- ‘So we have national companies putting up new antennae on lots of towers, and offering a monthly service contract.’
- ‘When buying a server you should make sure that someone inside your organisation knows how to recover from common problems and that you have a service contract with a qualified engineer who will respond swiftly to major ones.’
- ‘It also claims Best Buy also failed to honor rebates, refund and exchange programs and service contracts.’
- ‘It makes sense to have a service contract covering the IT hardware in your office so that you get an instant response to any technical difficulties and get replacement hardware quickly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.