Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Convert into serpentine.‘partially serpentinized olivine’
- ‘Olivine in the plutons is only partly serpentinized.’
- ‘It is clear nevertheless that transforms are sites where deep-seated rocks, such as serpentinized peridotite (derived from the upper mantle), are relatively common.’
- ‘The lowermost rocks are serpentinized dunite and harzburgite, which are best exposed in the NE of the ophiolite.’
- ‘Most samples are very altered, with olivines and orthopyroxenes being strongly serpentinized.’
- ‘During and after the exhumation, the lherzolites underwent hydrothermal alteration and serpentinized at relatively low temperature.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.