One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It should be noted that these values represent a minimum, as both igneous additions to the crust and mantle serpentinization can generate additional ‘crust’ (in terms of density and hence subsidence behaviour).’
- ‘If the P detachment is associated with the onset of serpentinization, the switch from symmetrical to asymmetric (locally simple shear) extension may also be related to the onset of mantle serpentinization.’
- ‘This would best be done by careful engineering - geological mapping of rock exposures, recording dip and direction of joints and faults and noting areas of brecciation and serpentinisation.’
- ‘We have argued above that the extension of the crust, and uplift and serpentinization of the mantle, must have happened very shortly after crustal construction.’
- ‘Once extension of the adjacent crust ceases, fluid penetration through the crust is hindered and active serpentinization beneath the continental crust ceases.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.