One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a nerve ending that releases and is stimulated by serotonin.
- ‘Pharmacotherapy for anxiety disorders is shifting away from benzodiazepines toward serotonergic antidepressants.’
- ‘In reduced preparations, subthreshold stimuli increased action potential activity in identified serotonergic neurons.’
- ‘Reversal of social status via serotonergic activation appears to mimic chronic serotonergic activity.’
- ‘The juvenile, which forms within the larval ectoderm, independently develops a serotonergic system.’
- ‘Cognitive impairment is believed to be related to changes in the structural components of serotonergic neurons.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.