Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Denoting a nerve ending that releases and is stimulated by serotonin.
- ‘In reduced preparations, subthreshold stimuli increased action potential activity in identified serotonergic neurons.’
- ‘Reversal of social status via serotonergic activation appears to mimic chronic serotonergic activity.’
- ‘Cognitive impairment is believed to be related to changes in the structural components of serotonergic neurons.’
- ‘The juvenile, which forms within the larval ectoderm, independently develops a serotonergic system.’
- ‘Pharmacotherapy for anxiety disorders is shifting away from benzodiazepines toward serotonergic antidepressants.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.