One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a nerve ending that releases and is stimulated by serotonin.
- ‘Pharmacotherapy for anxiety disorders is shifting away from benzodiazepines toward serotonergic antidepressants.’
- ‘Cognitive impairment is believed to be related to changes in the structural components of serotonergic neurons.’
- ‘Reversal of social status via serotonergic activation appears to mimic chronic serotonergic activity.’
- ‘The juvenile, which forms within the larval ectoderm, independently develops a serotonergic system.’
- ‘In reduced preparations, subthreshold stimuli increased action potential activity in identified serotonergic neurons.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.