One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of a serous membrane.
- ‘The pleuritis, seen in 5 of 7 cases of serositis, was morphologically similar to the peritonitis, and E bieneusi organisms were visible within the pleural mesothelial cells.’
- ‘Retrospective analysis revealed E bieneusi proliferative serositis in 7 of 16 cases of peritonitis of unknown origin, suggesting that the organism may represent a common cause of peritonitis in the immunocompromised host.’
- ‘Common manifestations of drug-induced LE include arthritis, serositis, and rashes.’
- ‘DNA was isolated from snap frozen abdominal fluid, pleura, and peritoneum obtained at necropsy from 5 of the 7 animals with proliferative serositis.’
- ‘Ascites with low SAAG may be seen in patients with connective tissue diseases due to serositis in the absence of portal hypertension.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.