One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Giving a positive result in a test of blood serum, e.g. for the presence of a virus.‘two of the patients were seropositive for HIV’
- ‘Several tests have been developed or are being investigated for testing seropositive individuals post-seoconversion to detect recent infections.’
- ‘It is unclear whether this virus is a cause of pneumonia or merely latently reactivated, because virtually all adults are seropositive for the virus.’
- ‘One female and 3 male patients were seropositive for human immunodeficiency virus infection.’
- ‘Nine patients in the study group were tested for serum antibodies to HIV; two were seropositive.’
- ‘A case is presented of a seropositive patient whose chest radiographs showed a diffuse interstitial pattern.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.