One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Giving a negative result in a test of blood serum, e.g. for the presence of a virus.
- ‘At the time of the third survey in November 1984 all children under the age of 5 years who were seronegative for hepatitis B virus infection were vaccinated.’
- ‘The primary purpose of the varicella immunisation programme for healthcare workers is to protect seronegative patients.’
- ‘When she was 14 years old, she had received a diagnosis of seronegative chronic active hepatitis, based on a liver biopsy.’
- ‘Because these women initially are seronegative, serologic screening tests for HSV do not accurately detect those at highest risk.’
- ‘This approach requires that seronegative people are tested by these methods.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.