One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Giving a negative result in a test of blood serum, e.g. for the presence of a virus.
- ‘This approach requires that seronegative people are tested by these methods.’
- ‘At the time of the third survey in November 1984 all children under the age of 5 years who were seronegative for hepatitis B virus infection were vaccinated.’
- ‘When she was 14 years old, she had received a diagnosis of seronegative chronic active hepatitis, based on a liver biopsy.’
- ‘The primary purpose of the varicella immunisation programme for healthcare workers is to protect seronegative patients.’
- ‘Because these women initially are seronegative, serologic screening tests for HSV do not accurately detect those at highest risk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.