Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a person) undergo a change from a seronegative to a seropositive condition.‘other clinical symptoms did not differ between drug users who seroconverted and those who remained negative for HIV’
- ‘However, patients will not seroconvert until about 22 to 27 days postexposure.’
- ‘Having remained HIV-negative all that time, he now seroconverts.’
- ‘All 12 women seroconverted after the first vaccination.’
- ‘Never divulging his sexual orientation to his attending doctors, he was diagnosed with a form of Lane disease when in fact he was seroconverting.’
- ‘This could be due to failure to seroconvert following vaccination and further emphasises the need for serological surveillance.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.