Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A printed design produced by means of a silk screen.
- ‘Burr's black-and-white serigraphs and oil paintings of tap, swing and formal dance are popular.’
- ‘Hundreds of exhibitors and thousands of attendees weaved through aisles featuring mouldings, equipment, posters, serigraphs, lithographs, original art and more.’
- ‘The galleries feature original oils, watercolors, limited-edition serigraphs, lithographs and sculpture.’
- ‘This new volume celebrates 10 more years of limited-edition serigraphs that were printed and published from the original artwork of Eyvind Earle.’
- ‘The company will offer flue-art multiple works, including serigraphs, etchings, hand-pulled lithographs and foundry bronzes, as well as original works on canvas and paper.’
- ‘The quality of prints produced, only original serigraphs or lithographs, stands out in the industry to provide collectors with true works of art.’
- ‘Instead, she looks forward to many more years of work, in which she will create more collages in addition to her paintings and serigraphs.’
- ‘The gallery offers a variety of fine art prints from its collection of hand-screened, limited-edition serigraphs and digital reproductions.’
- ‘Park West presents works such as limited-edition serigraphs and lithographs by master, noted and emerging artists.’
- ‘I later spoke to the gallery director and asked him, on average, how many of his clients really understood what a fine art print really is and the differences between serigraphs, lithographs and giclées.’
- ‘The company deals in originals, oils, acrylics, watercolors and serigraphs.’
- ‘Her originals and serigraphs are available on an exclusive basis.’
- ‘For sale on the site are originals and limited-edition serigraphs, lithographs and sculpture.’
- ‘Also on display will be oils, watercolors, serigraphs and books, including the new release, ‘Three Oaks,’ one of Earle's favorites.’
- ‘Published mediums include, but are not limited to, serigraphs, lithographs, monoprints and various etchings.’
- ‘He offers images of life on the seashore as original paintings, serigraphs, giclée prints and graphics.’
- ‘Original serigraphs published by Fortune are created by hand and require three to five months to produce under the direction of skilled artists and artisans.’
- ‘Not only are her paintings immensely popular, selling for at least $100,000, but she also creates serigraphs, stone lithographs, and limited-edition prints.’
- ‘The gallery, which is located in the New York metro area, played host to its own Dali show this past summer and exhibited a selection of lithographs, serigraphs and sculptures by the artist.’
- ‘In the past, when we published serigraphs, the edition sizes would be in the 400 range.’
Late 19th century: formed irregularly from Latin sericum silk + -graph.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.