One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & nounMusic
- ‘It's either some unlistenable Czech serialist, or some unknown Baroque clavichordist.’
- ‘One might suggest that he turned away from the complexity of the serialist school where it seemed that complexity equaled meaning.’
- ‘He would also have us believe that somehow, serialists and atonalists could bury expression in their music by piling on the mathematical base on which their music was founded.’
- ‘Fortunately, I stumbled upon the serialist composers and their work - people who used strict mathematical formulas to structure their music composition, effectively generating music out of numbers.’
- ‘The serialists / atonalists wrapped themselves in quasi-mathematical systems at the expense of the subjective, though they insisted that the works were meant to be expressive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.