One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of a series of thin sections through tissue cut in successive parallel planes, especially for mounting on microscope slides.
- ‘The fixed material was embedded in celloidin; the subcutaneous tissue was cut in serial sections parallel to its broad surface.’
- ‘In most cases, this was confirmed by the observation of the flagellar axoneme in additional serial sections.’
- ‘The anatomy of leaflets and prickles was observed on serial sections of tissue embedded in plastic.’
- ‘In fact, the precise topographic distribution of these angiodysplastic lesions can only be adequately resolved after histologic examination of serial sections of the entire tongue.’
- ‘For histologic assessment of infiltrating eosinophils into the lung tissue, serial sections were made and stained with phenol red.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.