Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A connector by which a device that sends data one bit at a time may be connected to a computer.
- ‘Character devices, such as serial ports and keyboards, manipulate data as a stream of characters, or bytes, one at a time.’
- ‘When a user calls write on the device node to send data to the specified serial port, the following steps happen in the kernel.’
- ‘Connecting the serial port involves right clicking the ‘Bluetooth Serial Port’ icon and selecting ‘Connect’.’
- ‘The serial line initializes the serial port to the proper baud and settings.’
- ‘It has a serial port and Ethernet port built on, requiring no external dongles or modules for these connections.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.