A connector by which a device that sends data one bit at a time may be connected to a computer.
- ‘The serial line initializes the serial port to the proper baud and settings.’
- ‘When a user calls write on the device node to send data to the specified serial port, the following steps happen in the kernel.’
- ‘It has a serial port and Ethernet port built on, requiring no external dongles or modules for these connections.’
- ‘Character devices, such as serial ports and keyboards, manipulate data as a stream of characters, or bytes, one at a time.’
- ‘Connecting the serial port involves right clicking the ‘Bluetooth Serial Port’ icon and selecting ‘Connect’.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.