Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A connector by which a device that sends data one bit at a time may be connected to a computer.
- ‘The serial line initializes the serial port to the proper baud and settings.’
- ‘Connecting the serial port involves right clicking the ‘Bluetooth Serial Port’ icon and selecting ‘Connect’.’
- ‘When a user calls write on the device node to send data to the specified serial port, the following steps happen in the kernel.’
- ‘Character devices, such as serial ports and keyboards, manipulate data as a stream of characters, or bytes, one at a time.’
- ‘It has a serial port and Ethernet port built on, requiring no external dongles or modules for these connections.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.