One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A connector by which a device that sends data one bit at a time may be connected to a computer.
- ‘Character devices, such as serial ports and keyboards, manipulate data as a stream of characters, or bytes, one at a time.’
- ‘Connecting the serial port involves right clicking the ‘Bluetooth Serial Port’ icon and selecting ‘Connect’.’
- ‘The serial line initializes the serial port to the proper baud and settings.’
- ‘When a user calls write on the device node to send data to the specified serial port, the following steps happen in the kernel.’
- ‘It has a serial port and Ethernet port built on, requiring no external dongles or modules for these connections.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.