One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of engaging in a succession of monogamous sexual relationships.
- ‘This is the classic portrait of serial monogamy: relationships that are exclusive, but impermanent, following one upon the other.’
- ‘I don't really see why serial monogamy should seem to be the only way to solve the problems of monogamy.’
- ‘Serial monogamy has important reproductive consequences for men but not women.’
- ‘Serial monogamy can produce a kind of two- or three-tiered family with biological and step-children joining and departing along the way.’
- ‘Serial monogamy is a common marriage pattern and polygyny is practised by a few.’
- ‘Polygamy illegal in North America and Western Europe but serial monogamy occurs’
- ‘These days, polygyny is achieved in Western culture through serial monogamy.’
- ‘This prediction is consistent with the actual rise of casual cohabitation and of sexual contacts devoid of preconditions, as well as increased divorce and serial monogamy.’
- ‘Ms. McGarvie goes even further, calling serial monogamy dangerous.’
- ‘To paraphrase Voltaire's quip, the state-sanctioned serial monogamy license some folks are at the barricades to defend is neither traditional nor definitive nor a marriage.’
- ‘Feminism has also contributed to the rise of serial monogamy, although observers disagree on how.’
- ‘In general, the relationships of young people in Ndola can be characterised as a casual form of serial monogamy.’
- ‘What pleasure would a polyamorist find if restricted to monogamy or serial monogamy?’
- ‘The decline in traditional morality has contributed to serial monogamy in a variety of ways.’
- ‘Today, serial monogamy has stretched the extended family to the breaking point.’
- ‘Some women practice serial monogamy; it is more common for men to have several partners simultaneously.’
- ‘I have to say that this issue is another very good reason as to why I have taken the long road to serial monogamy.’
- ‘Along with New York, London is the world capital of what has come to be known as serial monogamy.’
- ‘To the contrary, they're most likely the result of serial monogamy within small social circles where HIV is already present.’
- ‘The situation of some people who had engaged in "serial monogamy and serial divorce" was extremely complex, he said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.