One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who commits a series of murders, often with no apparent motive and typically following a characteristic, predictable behaviour pattern.‘police have arrested a suspect they believe is a notorious serial killer who terrorized Wichita in the 1970s’
- ‘It seems that many of the homicide victims she's investigating are her former boyfriends, and the leading suspect is her father - a serial killer.’
- ‘Putting the concept of a serial killer into a successful motion picture is very difficult for film writers.’
- ‘The original script for Suspect Zero entailed a serial killer hunting down serial killers.’
- ‘It may be partially genetic in the aspect that serial killers seem to be mostly white, with high intelligence but low social skills.’
- ‘These young men are usually influenced by something to make them take their first baby steps in the murderous world of a serial killer.’
- ‘After graduation, I moved to Florence, Italy for about five months then tried to write a serial killer novel.’
- ‘Basically an academic, she's constantly being retained as a consultant to police departments with mystifying serial killer cases to solve.’
- ‘His book gives readers an intensely personal inside view of the hunt for America's worst serial killer.’
- ‘Lover's Lane was a popular spot for serial killers to prey on easy victims.’
- ‘This is one of the few movies based on a serial killer that has made it to mainstream.’
- ‘I'm guessing it's now essential for writers of thrillers to come up with truly diabolical serial killers if they want their books published.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.