One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who commits a series of murders, often with no apparent motive and typically following a characteristic, predictable behaviour pattern.‘police have arrested a suspect they believe is a notorious serial killer who terrorized Wichita in the 1970s’
- ‘It may be partially genetic in the aspect that serial killers seem to be mostly white, with high intelligence but low social skills.’
- ‘Basically an academic, she's constantly being retained as a consultant to police departments with mystifying serial killer cases to solve.’
- ‘Putting the concept of a serial killer into a successful motion picture is very difficult for film writers.’
- ‘These young men are usually influenced by something to make them take their first baby steps in the murderous world of a serial killer.’
- ‘I'm guessing it's now essential for writers of thrillers to come up with truly diabolical serial killers if they want their books published.’
- ‘After graduation, I moved to Florence, Italy for about five months then tried to write a serial killer novel.’
- ‘Lover's Lane was a popular spot for serial killers to prey on easy victims.’
- ‘The original script for Suspect Zero entailed a serial killer hunting down serial killers.’
- ‘This is one of the few movies based on a serial killer that has made it to mainstream.’
- ‘It seems that many of the homicide victims she's investigating are her former boyfriends, and the leading suspect is her father - a serial killer.’
- ‘His book gives readers an intensely personal inside view of the hunt for America's worst serial killer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.