One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounLa Serenissima" or "the Serenissima
A name for Venice.‘the Serenissima's seafaring past’
- ‘For 1,000 years ' La Serenissima ', as the Venetian Republic was known, used military force to carve out one of the world's most successful trading empires.’
- ‘Citizens referred to it as " the most serene republic of Venice ", or simply the" Serenissima " (the Most Serene).’
- ‘In the week before Lent, "La Serenissima" offers a wondrous show on a wonderful stage.’
- ‘It is to the painting's credit that Roberts was able to transfer his vision of the Serenissima to the city in which he lived and worked.’
- ‘La Serenissima is alive with bells.’
Italian, feminine of serenissimo ‘most serene’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.