One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
By forming or following a logical order or sequence.‘the receipts were numbered sequentially as 46 and 47’‘the audio stream must be processed sequentially’
- ‘Books, unlike paintings, must be apprehended sequentially, line by line, rather than instantaneously.’
- ‘For existing structures, multiple generations of renovations can be recorded sequentially in one model.’
- ‘By using different, elite genetic lines of queens sequentially, bee breeders can avoid inbred colonies.’
- ‘The film was shot sequentially, something almost unheard of in film.’
- ‘I made him listen to this album 10 times sequentially.’
- ‘Sequentially numbered slabs can be kept together through the finishing process to provide matched patterns in the final installation.’
- ‘The show's principal divisions ran parallel in time, not sequentially.’
- ‘The streets are sited so that storm water runs sequentially through grass swales, then through prairie, and then to the wetlands.’
- ‘To further complicate matters, not all business cycles go through these four steps sequentially.’
- ‘New Bedford began as a farming settlement and then sequentially became involved in maritime industries, factory production, and light manufacturing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.