One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His basic error arose from his belief that the truth of narratives was incompatible with the usual way of presenting them: that is, in books which by their very technology insisted on a spurious sequentiality.’
- ‘Audiences consequently endure a relentless sequentiality, one slide after another.’
- ‘The basic narrative script of an apocalypse strives to reach the ultimate closure, while at the same time opening up the space of sequentiality.’
- ‘It is particularly this simultaneity rather than sequentiality that leads one to conclude that Magnolia is soap opera rather than film melodrama.’
- ‘A conditional move instruction tests a register and moves a second register to a third if the condition is met; this function can be substituted for short branches and thus maintain the sequentiality of the instruction stream.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.