Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Having or partitioned by a septum or septa.
- ‘By contrast, the ascomycetes and basidiomycetes are septate; their filaments are partitioned by cellular cross-walls called septa.’
- ‘Between the septate lungs of extant ‘reptiles’ and the derived air sac system of extant birds, there must have existed an entire spectrum of intermediates.’
- ‘Faint brown septate hyphae and moniliform fungal elements were found in the granuloma.’
- ‘Microscopically, the fungus produces solitary oval to dumbbell-shaped conidia on short, unbranched conidiophores lateral to septate hyphae.’
- ‘Thermal balloon therapy is contraindicated in patients with a submucosal myoma or bicornate or septate uterus.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.