One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having or partitioned by a septum or septa.
- ‘By contrast, the ascomycetes and basidiomycetes are septate; their filaments are partitioned by cellular cross-walls called septa.’
- ‘Thermal balloon therapy is contraindicated in patients with a submucosal myoma or bicornate or septate uterus.’
- ‘Faint brown septate hyphae and moniliform fungal elements were found in the granuloma.’
- ‘Microscopically, the fungus produces solitary oval to dumbbell-shaped conidia on short, unbranched conidiophores lateral to septate hyphae.’
- ‘Between the septate lungs of extant ‘reptiles’ and the derived air sac system of extant birds, there must have existed an entire spectrum of intermediates.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.