One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having or partitioned by a septum or septa.
- ‘Microscopically, the fungus produces solitary oval to dumbbell-shaped conidia on short, unbranched conidiophores lateral to septate hyphae.’
- ‘Between the septate lungs of extant ‘reptiles’ and the derived air sac system of extant birds, there must have existed an entire spectrum of intermediates.’
- ‘Faint brown septate hyphae and moniliform fungal elements were found in the granuloma.’
- ‘By contrast, the ascomycetes and basidiomycetes are septate; their filaments are partitioned by cellular cross-walls called septa.’
- ‘Thermal balloon therapy is contraindicated in patients with a submucosal myoma or bicornate or septate uterus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.