One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to a septum or septa.
- ‘He had corrective surgery for the atrioventricular septal defect at 3 years of age.’
- ‘The pleurocoels do not invade the parapophyses and they lack septal partitions.’
- ‘The endocardial cushions form the lower atrial septum, the upper ventricular septum, the septal leaflet of the tricuspid valve and the anterior leaflet of the mitral valve.’
- ‘Known as septal defects, the holes can typically be patched up with surgery.’
- ‘Another unexplored aspect of morphology involves septal microstructure.’
(of a stone or slab) separating compartments in a burial chamber.
Relating to a sept or clan.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.