Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to a septum or septa.
- ‘The pleurocoels do not invade the parapophyses and they lack septal partitions.’
- ‘He had corrective surgery for the atrioventricular septal defect at 3 years of age.’
- ‘Known as septal defects, the holes can typically be patched up with surgery.’
- ‘The endocardial cushions form the lower atrial septum, the upper ventricular septum, the septal leaflet of the tricuspid valve and the anterior leaflet of the mitral valve.’
- ‘Another unexplored aspect of morphology involves septal microstructure.’
(of a stone or slab) separating compartments in a burial chamber.
Relating to a sept or clan.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.