One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A preparation of dextran used as a gel in chromatography, electrophoresis, and other separation techniques.
- ‘We purified sequencing reactions using Centrisep columns packed with 0.05 g Sephadex in 0.8 mL water, following manufacturer's protocols.’
- ‘In some respects, the matrix might act as a gel filtration system similar to cross-linked dextran such as Sephadex that separates polymers by molecular size.’
- ‘Substrate specificities of each phosphatases isolated from Sephadex G200 were investigated at their optimum pH.’
- ‘Free calcein outside of the vesicles was removed by gel chromatography on Sephadex G - 25.’
- ‘Those products were purified using Centrisep columns packed with 0.05 g Sephadex in 0.8 mL water, dried in a Centrivap vacuum concentrator, and sequenced on an ABI 310 automated sequencing machine.’
1950s: of unknown origin.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.