One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Bantu language of southern Africa, the main member of the North Sotho group and spoken by about 4 million people. It is one of the official languages of South Africa.Also called "Northern Sotho"
- ‘Our questionnaire elicited views on, and experiences of, forced sex and was provided in nine languages: English, Sesotho, Sepedi, Setswana, Setsonga, Tshivenda, IsiZulu, IsiXhosa, and Afrikaans.’
- ‘Southern Sotho utilizes click consonants in some words, while Sepedi does not have clicks.’
- ‘For Mulholland, it would be tragic or comical for our students to choose another African language such as Sepedi as a second language.’
- ‘The main languages spoken by its supporters are isiXhosa, isiZulu, Sepedi, Setswana and Sesotho.’
- ‘Her poems are crafted about the identity of black people in South Africa and she writes in Setswana and Sepedi.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.