One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Anxiety provoked in a young child by separation or the threat of separation from its mother or main carer.
- ‘Indeed, closely aligned and overlapping neurochemical circuits may underlie separation anxiety and panic.’
- ‘Additionally, they exhibited other unusual postures and perseverative behaviors and fail to evince normal separation anxiety when removed from their mothers.’
- ‘Young children had a more depressed appearance, more somatic complaints, a greater degree of psychomotor agitation, more phobias, separation anxiety, and hallucinations.’
- ‘At the end of this period the rapprochement with reality involves experiencing separation anxiety when the mother is not present, and also features the need to reconnect with mother.’
- ‘The treatment summarized in this article has empirical evidence for producing positive treatment response in children with social phobia, separation anxiety and generalized anxiety disorder.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.