One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Of course, this is a common phenomenon all over the world, as language is a powerful means to assert group identity and separateness from the dominant culture.’
- ‘Cut off by the Delaware River on the northeast and the bay on the west, the people developed a spirit of separateness and self-conscious identity.’
- ‘Children are left uninterrupted, undistracted, unbothered; their distinctness and separateness are respected.’
- ‘Through acts of self-giving or charity, one loses the illusion of the separateness of the self.’
- ‘Because their patriotism was often expressed collectively, many groups remained distinct and conscious of their identity and separateness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.