One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
As a separate entity or entities; not together.‘they arrived together but left separately’‘I shall consider that figure separately from the prime costs’
individually, one by one, one at a time, singlyView synonyms
- ‘My separately wrapped bicycle, tucked in at the side of the load as an afterthought, also seems to be okay.’
- ‘This works at its best in each of the separately designed and individually named bedrooms.’
- ‘Operated separately, the property company is a big investor in central and eastern Europe.’
- ‘Of course whatever people want to donate separately on top of that is also welcomed.’
- ‘Parents seeking to educate their boys and girls separately must go private.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.