One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A school receiving pupils from a particular religious group.
- ‘Okay, when you fill out your income tax forms here you can indicate which you'd rather your education taxes went to, separate schools or public schools.’
- ‘Every separate school get a different uniform.’
- ‘To protect ourselves from the perceived evils of Quebec nationalism and fears of assimilation, we live holed up in separate communities, separate schools and hospitals.’
- ‘In some Canadian provinces, Catholic separate schools are fully funded, while their funding in other provinces ranges from 0 to 50 per cent.’
- ‘In Canada, the lower consent rate, the smaller schools, and the fact that children from the same neighbourhood could attend either public or Catholic separate schools often rendered the nominated friend unavailable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.