One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Racially segregated but ensuring equal opportunities to all races.‘the decision terminated the ‘separate but equal’ doctrine that made racially segregated schools legal’
- ‘But the proponents of separate but equal may also have been well-intentioned.’
- ‘In the field of public education, the doctrine of separate but equal has no place.’
- ‘One of the most active courts in history, the Warren court overturned the notion of separate but equal public education and ordered school desegregation.’
- ‘Will African-Americans have separate but equal facilities?’
- ‘By 1945, even as the Urban League and the NAACP were arguing in the circuit court that the city had an obligation to open another segregated school, the separate but equal strategy had worn thin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.