One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘What it lacks, perhaps, is that most vigilant sentry against sententiousness and cliché: a sense of humour.’
- ‘Cook refers, without sententiousness, to the ‘plan’ laid out for her.’
- ‘He supplies a grand moral sententiousness blessedly free from the messy squalor of life as it's lived here, I suppose.’
- ‘Exquisitely photographed without lapsing into sententiousness, precisely constructed but never stiff, Forest of Bliss captures the mystery and beauty of its subjects and their lives, without abstracting or sentimentalizing them.’
- ‘Such sententiousness was much to Elizabethan taste.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.