One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person devoted to physical, especially sexual, pleasure.‘a dedicated sensualist’
hedonist, pleasure lover, pleasure seeker, sybarite, voluptuaryView synonyms
- ‘He is that strange thing, a sensualist of crisis.’
- ‘Kepesh is cold, even in his pleasures; he is extraordinarily cerebral for a sensualist.’
- ‘The populace think that your rejection of popular standards is a rejection of all standard, and mere antinomianism; and the bold sensualist will use the name of philosophy to gild his crimes.’
- ‘A sensualist to the end, he is charting his last few minutes on earth, or at least the last few that anyone can be certain of, making sure that the nation's death industry will not spoil this, the experience of a lifetime.’
- ‘We are a people who in equal parts are adventurers, skilled craftspeople, hedonists, sensualists, survivalists, and environmentalists.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.