One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of hearing loss) caused by a lesion or disease of the inner ear or the auditory nerve.
- ‘Moreover, tinnitus is often found in people with severe sensorineural hearing loss or following physical damage to the inner ear, which would argue against a cochlear origin for the condition.’
- ‘Temporal bone fractures can cause unilateral sensorineural and conductive hearing loss.’
- ‘Symptoms include the acute onset of vertigo, sensorineural hearing loss, tinnitus, nausea and emesis.’
- ‘Vitamin B family medication is prescribed whenever sensorineural hearing loss exists, such as in our case, to promote the recovery of this component of hearing loss.’
- ‘To some extent the utility of the various hearing screening tests depends on the age of the patient and whether hearing loss is sensorineural or conductive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.