One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A time or stage in a person's development when they are more responsive to certain stimuli and quicker to learn particular skills.
- ‘That's probably because bitterness is often a sign of toxicity, and it's especially important to avoid toxic compounds during these sensitive periods of growth and development.’
- ‘Also, some comments about developmental forces such as sensitive periods and even behavior genetics would be helpful.’
- ‘This is necessary to allow appropriate therapy to be started within the sensitive period of visual development for optimal results.’
- ‘Estrogens can be naturally elevated in plasma when songs are being learned; androgens can be elevated when the sensitive period for song learning closes.’
- ‘Male-male interactions were readily triggered by a LED flash in the early sensitive period, or at any time if the insect was not spontaneously flashing during the normal period of patrol behavior.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.