One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An organ of the body which responds to external stimuli by conveying impulses to the sensory nervous system.
- ‘Each sense organ has specialized receptor cells to detect the appropriate type of physical energy or stimulation.’
- ‘The ear is the most important sense organ for modern toothed whales, say scientists, because these whales locate their prey using echolocation.’
- ‘The eye is a sense organ and we make no effort to see when the eye functions normally.’
- ‘Sensory nerves carry messages from the sense organs (eyes, ears, nose, tongue, and skin) to the brain for processing.’
- ‘In humans the sense organ that provides us with the taste sensation is the tongue, or more specifically the taste buds on the tongue.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.