One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An immediate object of perception, which is not a material object; a sense impression.‘the material world cannot be directly grasped via sense data or empirical observation’
- ‘Postmodern theorists tell us we understand the world as a narrative, a story, what we think of as Reality is in fact a story we tell ourselves or our brains make up for us out of the flood of sense data.’
- ‘All meaningful concepts can be reduced to sense data, and our scientific theories are simply convenient resumes of our observations.’
- ‘I believe the world to be only ideas, sense data, perceptions, call it what you will.’
- ‘If both science and religion both use logic and faith, then they are just competing systems of organizing our sense data.’
- ‘This way of putting it will appear absurd, if understanding is subsuming a sense datum under an idea, and if the body is an object.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.