One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An immediate object of perception, which is not a material object; a sense impression.‘the material world cannot be directly grasped via sense data or empirical observation’
- ‘Postmodern theorists tell us we understand the world as a narrative, a story, what we think of as Reality is in fact a story we tell ourselves or our brains make up for us out of the flood of sense data.’
- ‘All meaningful concepts can be reduced to sense data, and our scientific theories are simply convenient resumes of our observations.’
- ‘I believe the world to be only ideas, sense data, perceptions, call it what you will.’
- ‘This way of putting it will appear absurd, if understanding is subsuming a sense datum under an idea, and if the body is an object.’
- ‘If both science and religion both use logic and faith, then they are just competing systems of organizing our sense data.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.