One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A title or form of address used of or to a Spanish-speaking man, corresponding to Mr or sir.‘he is certain his information is correct, Señor’
- ‘‘The pleasure is mine, señor,’ I said, returning the smile.’
- ‘But the señor has left his adopted town a last will that does more than dispose of his property.’
- ‘She is the best, señor, and the British Security Division feels we need more protection than anyone else, in light of recent events.’
- ‘The question is, señor, is a woman like myself interesting enough for you?’
- ‘I assure you, señor, luck has nothing at all to do with it.’
Spanish, from Latin senior (see senior).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.