One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hospital doctor undergoing specialist training, one grade below that of consultant.
- ‘Following his senior registrar post at St Thomas's Hospital he returned to Addenbrooke's as a consultant in 1961.’
- ‘He became a senior registrar in cardiology at St Mary's Hospital, London, at the relatively young age of 30.’
- ‘The clinics were conducted by consultants, registrars, senior registrars, and general practitioner clinical assistants.’
- ‘In reality when going from a senior registrar to consultant you take a pay cut.’
- ‘She established the country's first service to offer specialist training for senior registrars in rehabilitation psychiatry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.