Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A hospital doctor undergoing specialist training, one grade below that of consultant.
- ‘He became a senior registrar in cardiology at St Mary's Hospital, London, at the relatively young age of 30.’
- ‘The clinics were conducted by consultants, registrars, senior registrars, and general practitioner clinical assistants.’
- ‘She established the country's first service to offer specialist training for senior registrars in rehabilitation psychiatry.’
- ‘Following his senior registrar post at St Thomas's Hospital he returned to Addenbrooke's as a consultant in 1961.’
- ‘In reality when going from a senior registrar to consultant you take a pay cut.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.