One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hospital doctor undergoing specialist training, one grade below that of consultant.
- ‘He became a senior registrar in cardiology at St Mary's Hospital, London, at the relatively young age of 30.’
- ‘She established the country's first service to offer specialist training for senior registrars in rehabilitation psychiatry.’
- ‘In reality when going from a senior registrar to consultant you take a pay cut.’
- ‘Following his senior registrar post at St Thomas's Hospital he returned to Addenbrooke's as a consultant in 1961.’
- ‘The clinics were conducted by consultants, registrars, senior registrars, and general practitioner clinical assistants.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.