Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A rank of non-commissioned officer in the US air force, above master sergeant and below chief master sergeant.
- ‘I set a goal of either being commissioned or a senior master sergeant by 20 years.’
- ‘My selection allowed for many growth opportunities and contributed to my future success and first-time up selections for senior master sergeant and chief master sergeant.’
- ‘Williams, the Air Force senior master sergeant, says the reason he had never heard of the place is that many who leave it don't talk about it much.’
- ‘When the Air Force made both of them senior master sergeants, the race became an official event.’
- ‘So, we have programs that are being run by technical sergeants that are frequently administered at a main operating base by senior master sergeants.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.