Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A rank held by a man in the RAF, above leading aircraftman and below junior technician.
- ‘During today's visit, the Prince was asked to present a number of awards to troops, base staff, and the widow of an RAF senior aircraftman who died in Afghanistan.’
- ‘When Blackburn senior aircraftman Michael went on a football tour to Africa with the RAF, he didn't realise what a lasting impression it would make on him.’
- ‘She presented the senior aircraftman with the honour after more than 4,000 of you voted for him.’
- ‘A senior aircraftman in the RAF fired a light machine gun by mistake, damaging the air conditioning on a Jackal vehicle last September.’
- ‘The senior aircraftman stood on a concrete runway and watched the mushroom clouds caused by the devastating thermonuclear devices.’
- ‘A senior aircraftman in the RAF shot a colleague in the foot by mistake.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.