One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounPlural senior aircraftmen
A rank held by a man in the RAF, above leading aircraftman and below junior technician.
- ‘The senior aircraftman stood on a concrete runway and watched the mushroom clouds caused by the devastating thermonuclear devices.’
- ‘A senior aircraftman in the RAF fired a light machine gun by mistake, damaging the air conditioning on a Jackal vehicle last September.’
- ‘During today's visit, the Prince was asked to present a number of awards to troops, base staff, and the widow of an RAF senior aircraftman who died in Afghanistan.’
- ‘When Blackburn senior aircraftman Michael went on a football tour to Africa with the RAF, he didn't realise what a lasting impression it would make on him.’
- ‘A senior aircraftman in the RAF shot a colleague in the foot by mistake.’
- ‘She presented the senior aircraftman with the honour after more than 4,000 of you voted for him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.