One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rank held by a man in the RAF, above leading aircraftman and below junior technician.
- ‘A senior aircraftman in the RAF shot a colleague in the foot by mistake.’
- ‘She presented the senior aircraftman with the honour after more than 4,000 of you voted for him.’
- ‘During today's visit, the Prince was asked to present a number of awards to troops, base staff, and the widow of an RAF senior aircraftman who died in Afghanistan.’
- ‘When Blackburn senior aircraftman Michael went on a football tour to Africa with the RAF, he didn't realise what a lasting impression it would make on him.’
- ‘A senior aircraftman in the RAF fired a light machine gun by mistake, damaging the air conditioning on a Jackal vehicle last September.’
- ‘The senior aircraftman stood on a concrete runway and watched the mushroom clouds caused by the devastating thermonuclear devices.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.