One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The condition of being senile.‘the onset of senility’
decrepitude, infirmity, feebleness, unsteadiness, senescence, decline, old age, dotage, second childhood, confusion, alzheimer's, alzheimer's disease, senile dementiaView synonyms
- ‘People fear attenuated senility more than death.’
- ‘Deafness is a catalyst that pushes many elderly people into seclusion, isolation, and even senility.’
- ‘For the general practitioner a well-used library is one of the few correctives of the premature senility which is so apt to overtake him.’
- ‘The concept of senility may also be a generalization from the increasing number of older people who develop dementia.’
- ‘Diminished alertness from these drugs in elderly patients may be confused with senility or dementia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.