One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who sends or transmits a message, letter, email, etc.‘evidence submitted late will be returned to the sender’‘senders of unwanted emails’
- ‘I prioritize either by message topic or by sender.’
- ‘Allegedly these parcels have been sent back to sender over the Christmas period.’
- ‘It's basically an attempt to discern whether a sender is trying to sell you something.’
- ‘Educate your employees about the dangers of opening e-mail attachments, particularly from senders they do not know personally.’
- ‘The value is in the transfer of responsibility from sender to receiver for ensuring the latest information.’
- ‘Dozens of letters sent to me were turned back to the senders.’
- ‘The sender can utilize sound, colour, movement, symbols, words, etc.’
- ‘The cost to the sender of a card is essentially zero.’
- ‘He offers tips to businesses looking to capitalize on the craze without being labelled a sender of spam.’
- ‘To the initial frustration of some of the senders, he didn't open the packages.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.