One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Send a message.‘he sent word that he was busy’
- ‘Some time later, Dad sent word via the neighborhood grapevine that it was time for me to return to the scene of the crime.’
- ‘We have a strong alliance with them and if they were ever in need they would send word, but no such message has been received.’
- ‘They sent word that the Public Relations unit of the State Government would have all the required details.’
- ‘Couvreur sent word of the human barricade to a local radio station.’
- ‘When they reported he wasn't there, he sent word that he was.’
- ‘They sent word that the soldiers were looking for me.’
- ‘The accused, however, were not present: they sent word through their lawyers that they were protesting the OTP's failure to present some materials to them as the bench had ordered.’
- ‘One day, he sent word from his ship that he would be coming ashore at Larry's River the next day, and word spread among the communities around the Bay.’
- ‘But shortly afterwards, Jeremie sent word that he was willing to hold his hand on the executions of the four, but not the entire death row population.’
- ‘They sent word to Kerr privately to ask him to explain himself.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.