One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Submit material to be considered for a competition or possible publication.‘don't forget to send in your entries for our summer competition’
- ‘The Supporters' Trust has also appealed for fans who made pledges at the public meeting at Valley Parade last Thursday to send their money in as soon as possible.’
- ‘My advice to anyone planning to come would be to send their forms in as soon as possible - it looks likely that we'll be fully booked out.’
- ‘Please be sure as an angler your submission on this final proposal is sent in on time.’
- ‘There are a few sponsorship cards outstanding and people are asked to send them in as quickly as possible.’
- ‘You should complete it and send it in as soon as possible.’
- ‘Coincidentally, this week's is probably the best so far, and it happens to be a week when I forgot to send a post in.’
- ‘Don't forget to send your votes in for the man of the match, as these votes decide who wins the Evening Press-sponsored Player of the Month award.’
- ‘You fill out a voter registration card and send it in.’
- ‘So please complete the form and send it in as soon as possible.’
- ‘But she accepted that was still not enough and that the Department was still urging people to send their forms in as soon as possible.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.