One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(as a direction) in a simple style of performance.
- ‘The opening Allegro maestoso is winningly done whilst the lovely Andante semplice also contains much that is beautiful and simple at the same time.’
- ‘Ruffini divides his permutazione into types, namely permutazione semplice which are cyclic groups in modern notation, and permutazione composta which are non-cyclic groups.’
- ‘‘First Evening Stars’ is an elegant study in two-voice semplice playing and legato octaves.’
- ‘A new symphony, the Sinfonia semplice, followed within months and Nielsen conducted its first performance himself, as he had all its predecessors except the First.’
- ‘Her lovely tone and delicately sculptured phrasing in the second movement Andante semplice were magical!’
Italian, literally ‘simple’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.