Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(as a direction) in a simple style of performance.
- ‘Ruffini divides his permutazione into types, namely permutazione semplice which are cyclic groups in modern notation, and permutazione composta which are non-cyclic groups.’
- ‘A new symphony, the Sinfonia semplice, followed within months and Nielsen conducted its first performance himself, as he had all its predecessors except the First.’
- ‘The opening Allegro maestoso is winningly done whilst the lovely Andante semplice also contains much that is beautiful and simple at the same time.’
- ‘‘First Evening Stars’ is an elegant study in two-voice semplice playing and legato octaves.’
- ‘Her lovely tone and delicately sculptured phrasing in the second movement Andante semplice were magical!’
Italian, literally simple.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.