One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A compound derived from a quinone, in which one of the two oxygen atoms is ionized or bonded to a hydrogen atom.
- ‘Decay of the semiquinone radical under argon occurs by second-order kinetics with a first half-life in the 0.1-2 ms range under our conditions.’
- ‘Hypericin is a dianthraquinone that exhibits powerful phototoxicity through apoptotic and necrotic pathways and generates singlet oxygen, superoxide anion radicals and semiquinones.’
- ‘The transfer of one electron from an electron donor to an excited state of hypericin generates its corresponding semiquinone radical anion.’
- ‘The simple solutions found here for individual S-states, semiquinone, and oxygen evolution provide a basis for quantitative description of the charge accumulation processes at the donor and acceptor sides of PSII.’
- ‘Is it enough to measure binary oscillations of semiquinone to characterize damping of period four oscillations of oxygen evolution?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.