One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For the semioticians, there are layers of double meaning that can be read into the errors.’
- ‘As musical semioticians would be first to point out, music is nothing if not a field rich in signifiers.’
- ‘In a sense, we are border semioticians and vernacular linguists.’
- ‘You can live in Scarsdale or in an ashram; you can be a court-of-appeals judge or a retro housewife, semiotician or banker, dermatologist or poet, lesbian or born-again, and you are still just one of us.’
- ‘Even solipsists look both ways before crossing a street and postmodernists, I suspect, submit their appendicitis to a surgeon, not a semiotician.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.