One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘But when he gets into the car, the seminarist, still firm in his beliefs, reminds Dabii of the Koran prohibitions, the injunction that man must not kill.’
- ‘In 1789 François became a seminarist, that is a student in an institution for training candidates for the priesthood.’
- ‘While the ascetic regime of an Italian seminarist in the late nineteenth century was of course alien - and sometimes alienating - I was impressed by his devotion and sincerity.’
- ‘The decline in vocations, which began under Pius XII, has not been reversed and there is now one seminarist for every twelve priests.’
- ‘He introduced a bill to reduce military service from five years to three but to close the loopholes by which seminarists, students, and the rich could obtain exemption.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.