Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Each of a pair of glands which open into the vas deferens near to its junction with the urethra and secrete many of the components of semen.
- ‘The most common technique is a ‘radical prostatectomy’, which involves removing the prostate gland, seminal vesicles and nearby lymph nodes.’
- ‘This surgery for bladder cancer involves removing the bladder, prostate, upper urethra and seminal vesicles.’
- ‘These are moved up a tube called the vas deferens to a place called the ampulla where they are mixed with fluids from two membranous pouches called seminal vesicles and the prostate gland.’
- ‘The ejaculatory ducts from the seminal vesicles enter the prostate and continue to the prostatic portion of the urethra.’
- ‘There are also other sex glands called the seminal vesicles, two pouches attached to the back of the bladder.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.